Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

After update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsu

Tsu

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: June Norfolk
Pokemon Team:

After update Empty
PostSubject: After update   After update EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 am

I know that we have the update section for this, but some users are too unmotivated to apply for for the update section. So I propose to you that the moderators of the site update the character profile themselves. The moderator who modded the topic when the event happened will need to update it him/her-self, or at the least, ask another moderator to do so. This would cause less confusion and more organization.
Back to top Go down
Allister
Admin
Admin
Allister

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 16/Alex
Pokemon Team:

After update Empty
PostSubject: Re: After update   After update EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am

I guess that would be okay, but what site wants members that are extremely lazy? That doesn't sit all to well with me.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net
Tsu

Tsu

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: June Norfolk
Pokemon Team:

After update Empty
PostSubject: Re: After update   After update EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

But having to make a post EVERY time something that requires update makes it very unorganized and cluttery. It would be much simpler and easier for the moderator update it him/her-self. Anyway, having the Update Station encourages laziness to some degree for moderators, while having the moderator automatically update it for you encourages some laziness for the users. Plus, practically no user uses the Update Station, and just goes on without even taking notice of it's existence. It causes confusion if an another moderator takes over, and they will have to read EVERY RP topic the user has role-played to verify information.

Which one do you think is easier with my prediction?
Back to top Go down
Driz

Driz

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 19/Mysie
Pokemon Team:

After update Empty
PostSubject: Re: After update   After update EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 pm

They're both equally tedious and annoying. That's just how RP is; there's no such thing as "neat and pretty". In reality, there's always gonna be a mess- and it's not gonna fix itself. Some moderators might be willing to update things right away. Others might want to move onto a different topic and keep things flowing. Some moderators are going to be lazy. Some users are going to be lazy.

But if the users are really so concerned with things moving quickly and quietly then they'd use the update station, wouldn't they?

Moderators have multiple jobs, and obviously their main job is to moderate- updates can be made by any member of staff. Users, if they care so much, should understand that- and also understand that the moderators already have plenty on their plates and might not be able to do so many things at the same time.

So, my opinion: users use the goddamn update station when they feel they need to. Moderators can update (and say they did so) right away, if they have the time and energy.

Sorry if I misunderstood... I'm sleepy.

Back to top Go down
Driz

Driz

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 19/Mysie
Pokemon Team:

After update Empty
PostSubject: Re: After update   After update EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Basket. Considering taking the update forum down...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

After update Empty
PostSubject: Re: After update   After update Empty

Back to top Go down

After update
Page 1 of 1